My Forever and Forever Maybe by CL King Spotlight Sunday!

Synopsis:
Olivia....
She lost her boyfriend and didn't know if she would be able to come back from that. For the longest time she was nothing but lost. She returned to school and tried to return back to her old self, but it was him who brought her back. The guy she loved.

Nate....
He had always been in love with her since the first time he laid eyes on her. Then she dated his best friend and he figured that he lost his chance. When his best friend died he didn't worry about himself, all he could think about was how she was hurting and could do nothing but be there for her.

She loves him. He loves her. Fate kept them apart and brought them together. He vows to protect her no matter what. But what lengths will he go to to keep that vow? Will their love be strong enough to survive it all? Or could this be their happy ever after?

Review:
After reading My Forever, I am left with slightly mixed feelings.

When I first went into reading this novel, I was so excited! The plot line sounded absolutely amazing, and so incredibly unique and original. I don't think I have ever read a book with even a remotely similar plot line. For that reason, I did enjoy the novel.

The characters of Olivia and Nate (Olivia more so) have each been through some seriously challenging times. My heart was breaking for her 90% of the time. I constantly wanted to rush up to her and give her a hug. She has been through so much, that she definitely deserves some happiness to come her way.

Nate was definitief swoon worthy. He was caring and compassionate and wanted to be there for Olivia in her times of need.

What left me with slightly mixed feelings was the writing style. At the beginning, I found the multiple perspectives and switching back and fourth quite confusing. It threw me off, and therefore, made me slightly disengaged from the storyline. Once you get used to the switching the reading does come easier, however, it took me quite a while to get it all figured out.

Overall, I did enjoy the plot line and reading about the characters and all the hard times and struggles that they went through, however, the writing style threw me off for a bit of the novel.

3.5/5 Stars!


Forever Maybe:

Synopsis:
Nate and Olivia promised each other forever, but what happens when forever doesn’t come?



Olivia is accepted into her dream college. She has always had aspirations of making it big and she

thought Nate would be right there beside her. When her shot came she took it. Little did she know that

in order to follow her dreams, she might have to give up her heart.



Growing up Nate never imagined he could have a perfect life, but that’s what he’s living. He’s on
track to being one of the top agents and his future is planned with Olivia. That is, until she decides to
be selfish.

Is he her past or is he her forever...maybe? 


Review:
Forever Maybe is a continuation of the story first started in My Forever.

After reading the heartbreaking story of Olivia and Nate in My Forever, I knew that I would want to see where their story would go from there. Would they ultimately end up together? Or would further circumstances get in their way?

Nate once again had me swooning. He is the type of guy that every girl should want in their life. While reading, you can tell how deeply he cares about Olivia. He wants to be there for her no matter what circumstances or trouble is thrown their way.

Olivia threw me off slightly in this novel. I had so much sympathy for her while reading about her devastating story in My Forever, whereas in this story, I got upset with her. I found some of her actions selfish and a little bit maddening. With that being said, I applaud the author for being able to include the emotion and description that made me dislike Olivia at times. Without the details, I would not have felt as connected to Olivia and her struggles as I did.

The writing once again threw me off slightly, however, after understanding how this authors writes from her first novel, I was able to pick up on it more quickly in this one, and it did not bother me as much.

 3.5/5 Stars!


Author Interview:



Comments

Popular Posts